I think I forgot how emotional Pregnancy makes you…don’t worry I remembered quickly as I watched, “I Can Only Imagine” with the family the other night and Justin offered to swim over and fish me out of my puddle!
So this may be a little gushy for some of you…but you’ve been warned!
Everything feels like it’s going by so fast, and yet when you’re this BIG some moments go by so slow! Here’s what we’ve been doing to prep for Baby Abigail in the Ferraro home!
Nursery is complete! Thanks to Kimberly Grigg & her team at Knotting Hill Interiors this was made WAY easy as the did the design and implementation of the nursery! Crib, dresser, AND reclining glider (this was a learning curve after Emma and having no rocker at all) was ordered from The Kangaroo Pouch and my husband graciously used neighbors to help him get it in and then he and the kids put together the crib one day while I was out and surprised me when I got home!
Treasured piece in the nursery is this covered Cedar Chest. Each of my kids have used it as a toy box, but it lovingly came from my Pap-Paw (Age 90) who designed and built it for my Grandmother and when she passed the only thing he asked specifically be done was that the cedar chest be passed on to me and it was used as my hope chest…I know I’m so old school…until I got married!
My mother hosted Abigail’s shower where I was surrounded by friends & family to celebrate the coming of our little girl and trust me we left with Several needed items off our registry and then just some fun splurges like matching sister outfits that Emma is beyond ready to dress in with Abby! (Amazon registry was so easy to use, track, and order with my completion discount)
Now we have all things washed in Dreft, car seats, and Mommy’s Bag ready to go in case she makes an earlier arrival than Dec 23, which I’m totally okay with it! Some of the hospital items that I didn’t find on normal “Pinterest” lists that I have packed and find so resourceful are:
- Boppy – bring it WITH you to the hospital…it’s so nice to have the extra support
- Your own feminine products – I’m really particular when it comes to mine and the hospital ones after those first few hours after birth are just annoying and cumbersome to me so I bring my own and I bring a variety
- Baby blankets from home – I wash these ahead of time and then have them around me and the house so it has our smell to it, it’s what she’s used to smelling in my belly so I think it’s a comfort thing!
- Sibling gifts – I did this when we had Emma for Ethan and it was so special for him to make sure the focus wasn’t ALL on the new baby, but one of those gifts was a book for him to read to the baby and that’s EXACTLY what he did and my heart will forever cherish that moment!
- Snacks – let’s face it hospital food leaves lots to be desired and while someone may be willing to run out for you depending on when you deliver there may not be many options so I bring a few protein bars and easy to eat/fill me up snacks because let’s face it NO ONE wants a hangry Momma!
We are so humbled by all the love we’ve received from our Sunshine & Salty Secrets followers as I’ve carried Abigail and now as we prep for her arrival! Thank you from our family to yours for all for your love, well wishes, and support! Here